Handheld Switchgear Detector with Data Synchronisation
The PD-SGS Blue is a dual transducer PD detector, with data synchronisation, for Switchgear. The instrument detects TEV signals generated by internal partial discharge as well as acoustic discharge generated by surface tracking or corona. A mobile device receives data directly from the instrument for display and synchronisation with a central server.
- Data synchronisation to central server
- Log and trend PD activity against particular assets
- Automatic data integration with SAP
- Automatic high PD alerts to asset management team live from site
- Integrated Noise Detection Algorithm helps avoid ‘False Positives’
TEV – PD Detection
Partial discharge activity inside metal clad high voltage plant induces small voltage impulses called Transient Earth Voltages on the surface of the metal panels. TEVs travel around the surface to the outside of the switchgear where they can be picked up externally using capacitively coupled transducers.
AE – PD Detection
Defects on the surface of high voltage insulators are prone to a phenomenon called ‘tracking’. Tracking causes carbon deposits to build up over time and ultimately leads to flashover and insulation failure. The PD-SGS is highly sensitive to the ultrasonic emissions produced by tracking and enables any on-set to be detected before insulation failure occurs.
Advantages of the PD-SGS
- Rapidly survey whole substation – detects MV and HV problems before they occur
- Remote Data Storage – ensure all data is recorded from each site test
- Trend – log the PD against individual assets and view data from each test ever conducted
- Advanced Noise Rejection – system detects PD in higher noise environments, no more false positives
- Central data collection – all data stored on central server for analysis
PD-SGS Blue in action: