ASM Permanent PD Monitor
Online Partial Discharge Permanent Monitoring
The ASM is a permanent PD monitor for cables, switchgear and other high voltage assets.
The ASM can be configured with up to 128 PD sensor channels. If excessive discharge is detected, the ASM raises an alarm that can be configured either locally or by email. This enables the long-term assessment of plant conditions to be carried out quickly and easily, from any remote computer.
Suitable for all types of substation equipment, the ASM proves a powerful tool to an asset manager, providing continuous on-line condition data at the touch of a button.
ASM Key Features
- Display – Ultrasonic and TEV level displayed in dB
- Alarms – Current ‘live’ alarms and historical alarms
- TEV PD Detection – Measurement of electrical transients generated by internal PD
- Ultrasonic PD Detection – 3 independent ultrasonic channels detecting surface PD
- Intergrated Noise Detection – Algorithm helps avoid ‘False Alarms’
- Simple to Install – No wiring required between PD detector and central hub
PD Monitor Web Based Data Analysis
Partial discharge data collected from distributed PD Monitor network is stored on a central database and is hosted by IPEC. Customers have direct password protected access to this data via the Internet, allowing them to browse the data and analyse plant condition from any PC.
Condition information presented like this can be used for targeting scheduled maintenance work before failure happens, improving network reliability and prioritising asset replacement.
Based on the magnitude of activity levels recorded and the trend in that activity, a ‘League Table’ is automatically generated once every 24 hours. This table gives a clear and quantitative representation of the condition of monitored high voltage assets at any given moment.
Sensors are distributed around the substation according to the monitoring requirements. Both active (with integral amplifiers) and passive transducers are compatible including the following:
- High Frequency CTs – for cable PD detections
- Capacitively Coupled – for TEV (Switchgear) PD detection
- Airborne Acoustic – for Surface tracking or corona
- Temperature and Humidity – environment measurements
- Up to 128 sensors can be monitored by a single ASM
ASM Set Up
Advanced Partial Discharge Data Analysis: