IPEC are often looking for enthusiastic and talented people to join our growing team. A list of vacancies can be found below:
Software Development Engineer
Job Type: Student Placement/Internship
Duration: 8-12 weeks
Team: Reporting to Embedded Software Engineer
Development of interface software for a proprietary LCD module. This is a ring-fenced project to write software for an LCD module that will control, and display data from, a microprocessor controlled partial discharge detection system.
- Phase 1: Programming LCD module.
- Phase 2: Integrating the LCD in a proof of concept system.
Founded on integrity, cooperation and teamwork, we have a relaxed and open working environment allowing for the freedom of expression and creativity which is so important at the cutting edge of technology. We are a forward-looking company dedicated to progressing scientific discovery and technological enterprise.
- Knowledge of embedded systems components: flash memory, serial communication, power supply, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with programming languages (C/C++ preferred).
- Good documentation skills.
- Ability to read and understand a technical datasheet.
- Experience working with an IDE and embedded system programming tools would be beneficial.
To apply, a summary of relevant work experience and/or skills should be sent to Keren Sayers, HR Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The applicants with the most relevant experience will be invited for an initial discussion with David Hom, Head of Development. It is expected that the successful candidate will be in post before the end of August 2018.
We are keen to hear from prospective candidates with experience in HV engineering and substation work. Other job roles will always be considered at IPEC. Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
IPEC has an in-house recruitment team who match the perfect candidate to our available roles. Sometimes we use external recruitment companies for more specialised roles, but for that we have a list of preferred companies. If recruiters send our team CV’s, without being requested to do so, IPEC have the right to contact the candidate directly.