IPEC are often looking for enthusiastic and talented people to join our growing team. A list of vacancies can be found below:
Head of Business Support
The new post of Head of Business Support is a post that would suit someone with an interest in both the strategic and day-to-day running of an expanding international business.
Alongside an overall understanding of business and commerce, the Head of Business Support will have an insight into financial and human resource management. They will have the confidence to quickly assume an authoritative and business-like role – effectively and creatively implementing change and bringing together a broad range of people and agendas.
This role will have a major impact on future business development and the working culture of IPEC so needs to go to someone who will bear that responsibility seriously, manage it sensitively and be enthusiastic and caring about the future of the company, its clients and its employees.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Head of Business Support will work across all areas of the organisation. To some extent this role will be defined by the successful candidate themselves, but broad areas of responsibility are:
Human Resource Management
- Manage HR processes including confidential personal record management.
- Maintain policy and procedures – in line with current legislation.
- Support recruitment and induction of new employees.
- Manage workforce development: recruitment and retention of employees and workforce planning in-line with growth plans and company objectives
- Manage the appraisal and professional development and training process.
- Manage employee relations including; employment contracts, absence management, disciplinary & grievance.
- Manage Occupational Health and Employee well-being.
Finance and Management Information
- Coordinate and prepare monthly management reports and financial statements.
- Present financial information to the Board of Directors
- Liaise externally with the company Accountancy Firm, and internally with the Business Administrator, to ensure smooth running of financial processes and reporting
- Design and operate office systems – audit current protocols, business documentation, policies and procedures and propose new policies and procedures to generate efficiencies.
- Corporate compliance – compliance with local and international statutory obligations, ISO procedure, Health & Safety, Quality Assurance.
- Manage the office – oversee a professional working environment, maintaining efficient and professional corporate standards with a client focus.
- The Head of Business Support is part of the Senior Management Team and reports directly to the Managing Director.
- The Head of Business Support manages the Business Administrator – line managing on a day to day basis and encouraging and inspiring them to develop their role and achieve a high level of customer service and performance.
- Key internal working relationships will be with colleagues on the SMT, Head of Product Development, Head of Services & Support, and the Sales & Marketing Director.
- Key external relationships will be with the company Accountancy Firm, HR consultants, suppliers and creditors
Senior Management Team
- The Head of Business Support joins us as part of a newly formed Senior Management Team so a key part of their role will be to contribute to the establishment of that team as a strong, strategic leadership team as well as developing their own team in-line with company growth.
- Contribute to the Company Business Plan, Write the Departmental Business Plan and objectives and manage the team and individual objectives in line with that plan.
- Attend Senior Management meetings and contribute to overall business strategy.
For further details please download the full vacancy here Head of Business Support
International Sales Engineer
IPEC products are at the forefront of technology in the field of on-line partial discharge monitoring – there is no one else who can do what we can do and the role of the International Sales Engineer is to demonstrate this to our clients.
The International Sales Engineer will focus on business development and support the sales and marketing team in international product promotion and customer service. As first point of contact with a potential new customer, they are the face of IPEC and will be representing us on the front line.
More specifically, the role of International Sales Engineer will involve:
- Developing a thorough knowledge and understanding of all IPEC products and services
- Managing existing and new client relationships, liaising with the team to ensure the client is offered the best support and technical know-how
- International customer and distributor visits, delivering training and product demonstrations
- Helping to grow IPEC business through customer solutions and distributor management
- Development and management of new sales opportunities
- Conducting on site surveys of assets to generate client quotations and project specifications
- Working closely with the rest of the Business Development team to contribute to the overall marketing and business development strategy
The ability to learn about new technologies and the confidence and integrity to represent the company are much more valuable to us than the existing experience you bring. This is definitely a role that you will develop into and make your own over time. However, the successful candidate is likely to:
- Have a degree level qualification, in Engineering or related discipline
- Have excellent personal and inter-personal skills, including being able to communicate & influence at all levels to ensure progression of high-priority and/or high-visibility tasks
- Be independent and self-assured with the integrity and confidence to represent the company overseas
- Be a good team player with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Be willing to travel internationally, frequently throughout the year and often at short notice
- Be skilled in managing multiple concurrent projects to time and budget.
For further details please download the full vacancy here International Sales Engineer
Although we are haven’t currently got any other vacancies advertised, we are keen to hear from prospective candidates with experience in HV engineering and substation work. Other job roles will always be considered at IPEC. Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
IPEC has an in-house recruitment team who match the perfect candidate to our available roles. Sometimes we use external recruitment companies for more specialised roles, but for that we have a list of preferred companies. If recruiters send our team CV’s, without being requested to do so, IPEC have the right to contact the candidate directly.