IPEC are often looking for enthusiastic and talented people to join our growing team. A list of vacancies can be found below:
Head of Business Support
The new post of Head of Business Support is a post that would suit someone with an interest in both the strategic and day-to-day running of an expanding international business.
Alongside an overall understanding of business and commerce, the Head of Business Support will have an insight into financial and human resource management. They will have the confidence to quickly assume an authoritative and business-like role – effectively and creatively implementing change and bringing together a broad range of people and agendas.
This role will have a major impact on future business development and the working culture of IPEC so needs to go to someone who will bear that responsibility seriously, manage it sensitively and be enthusiastic and caring about the future of the company, its clients and its employees.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Head of Business Support will work across all areas of the organisation. To some extent this role will be defined by the successful candidate themselves, but broad areas of responsibility are:
Human Resource Management
- Manage HR processes including confidential personal record management.
- Maintain policy and procedures – in line with current legislation.
- Support recruitment and induction of new employees.
- Manage workforce development: recruitment and retention of employees and workforce planning in-line with growth plans and company objectives
- Manage the appraisal and professional development and training process.
- Manage employee relations including; employment contracts, absence management, disciplinary & grievance.
- Manage Occupational Health and Employee well-being.
Finance and Management Information
- Coordinate and prepare monthly management reports and financial statements.
- Present financial information to the Board of Directors
- Liaise externally with the company Accountancy Firm, and internally with the Business Administrator, to ensure smooth running of financial processes and reporting
- Design and operate office systems – audit current protocols, business documentation, policies and procedures and propose new policies and procedures to generate efficiencies.
- Corporate compliance – compliance with local and international statutory obligations, ISO procedure, Health & Safety, Quality Assurance.
- Manage the office – oversee a professional working environment, maintaining efficient and professional corporate standards with a client focus.
- The Head of Business Support is part of the Senior Management Team and reports directly to the Managing Director.
- The Head of Business Support manages the Business Administrator – line managing on a day to day basis and encouraging and inspiring them to develop their role and achieve a high level of customer service and performance.
- Key internal working relationships will be with colleagues on the SMT, Head of Product Development, Head of Services & Support, and the Sales & Marketing Director.
- Key external relationships will be with the company Accountancy Firm, HR consultants, suppliers and creditors
Senior Management Team
- The Head of Business Support joins us as part of a newly formed Senior Management Team so a key part of their role will be to contribute to the establishment of that team as a strong, strategic leadership team as well as developing their own team in-line with company growth.
- Contribute to the Company Business Plan, Write the Departmental Business Plan and objectives and manage the team and individual objectives in line with that plan.
- Attend Senior Management meetings and contribute to overall business strategy.
For further details please download the full vacancy here Head of Business Support
Technical Sales Engineer
As a growing company, we are looking to ensure all our customers are supported fully and that we are ahead of the game in reaching potential customers with our industry leading products. The International Sales Engineer will focus on business development and support the sales and marketing team in international product promotion. As the first point of contact with a potential new customer, they are the face of IPEC and will be representing us on the front line, providing excellent customer service, they will develop an extensive knowledge of all IPEC products and if they don’t know the answer will make use of the company support network to ensure the customer has it as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will have a strong engineering background and is keen to learn about new technologies and develop their own skill base. We are looking for someone who is an enthusiastic individual with excellent communications skills and a proven track record. With a global customer base IPEC needs someone willing to go the extra mile both literally and figuratively speaking. This role is demanding, varied and rewarding and will require extensive international travel and working unusual hours.
- Development and management of new sales opportunities
- Help grow IPEC business through customer solutions and distributor management
- International customer and distributor visits, delivering training and product demonstrations
- Conducting on-site surveys of assets to generate customer quotations
- Working closely with the rest of the sales team to help with marketing strategy for the business
- Develop an extensive knowledge of all IPEC products and services
- Managing all incoming enquiries and answering technical queries
- Conducting market research and business positioning analysis
- Identifying new markets for IPEC and reviewing existing markets
- Assisting with identification of new product and service opportunities, cost and business case analysis of new products
- Assisting with exhibitions
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Skilled in managing and coordinating multiple concurrent projects – to time and on budget
- A good team player with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent personal and inter-personal skills, including being able to communicate & influence at all levels to ensure progression of high-priority and/or high-visibility tasks
- Willing to travel internationally for extended periods
- Adaptable and flexible skills whilst working in a busy multi-skilled office environment
- Excellent attention to detail and presentation
- Planning and organising skills
- Excellent time management, ability to multi-task
- Computer literate in all Microsoft Office applications
For further details please download the full vacancy here Technical Sales Engineer
We are currently recruiting for the position of Systems Administrator. You will be a key member of the Product Development and Support teams ensuring that the operation of all IPEC IT is kept running efficiently and effectively. The Systems Admin role is integral to the smooth running of IPEC with customer data coming to centralised servers from around the world. We strive to ensure our customers are supported as well as their systems. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to get involved with the development of our products providing support to both the Manufacturing and Services teams with production and testing of systems as well as commissioning of these. With a global customer base, this can mean travelling around the world to help directly on the installation and commissioning.
- Maintaining digital component of substation monitoring systems around the world
- Developing solutions for customer’s software requirements efficiently
- Monitoring in-house servers
- Assisting with installations both on-site and from the office
- Some general office maintenance
- Standard sysadmin software skills (Apache, BIND, DHCP, IP, Postfix)
- Linux (Debian)
- Team development methodology (Agile,GIT)
- PHP debugging
- Perl/BASH scripting
- Understanding of mathematical C
- Electrical knowledge
For further details please download the full vacancy here Systems Administrator.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Web Developer. You will be a key member of a small product development team producing industry leading technology. The customer websites provide the key interface for our customers and their data allowing them to make critical asset management decisions. As our principal web developer you will develop our technical website which presents scientific data and graph trends as well as internal support sites that allow us to easily interpret our data. Furthermore, you will work closely with our product development manager to help develop our data, website and product connectivity strategy.
The successful candidate will be involved in taking our exciting new web based projects from prepared design concepts forward to live. We are looking for someone who is an enthusiastic individual with excellent communications skills and aproven track record.
- Maintaining existing codebase, including troubleshooting bugs and adding new features
- Take a customer driven approach to development, communicating with the IPEC team and external customers to help form user requirements
- Actively introducing ideas which can help improve customer interaction with our websites
- Managing and undertaking comprehensive testing of software code
- Exploring and integrating new web frameworks, technologies and tools
- 3+ years web based development experience
- Experience of working within a team of software developers
- Eye and appreciation for great design
- Ability to develop across different browsers and platforms
- Solid understanding of web standards and best practices
- Experience with Git version control
- Experience with presenting scientific information in an intuitive and user friendly manner
- Understanding of REST principles and experience of interfacing with RESTful APIs
- Both Linux and Windows based software development experience
For further details please download the full vacancy here Web Developer
Although we are haven’t currently got any other vacancies advertised, we are keen to hear from prospective candidates with experience in HV engineering and substation work. Other job roles will always be considered at IPEC. Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
IPEC has an in-house recruitment team who match the perfect candidate to our available roles. Sometimes we use external recruitment companies for more specialised roles, but for that we have a list of preferred companies. If recruiters send our team CV’s, without being requested to do so, IPEC have the right to contact the candidate directly.